You will need -
60cm of your child's favourite fabric
thread to match
To make -
- Cut 2 pieces 45cm x 55cm.
- Sew with right sides facing each other, both sides and bottom with 1cm seams.
- Overlock or finish edges.
- Fold over 5cm to the inside and press with iron.
- Make 2 button holes big enough to pass the cord through on either side of one of the side seams just under the folded line in the bag (not the casing allowance).
- Fold top down 2cm and fold again on the ironed fold line, sew to make a casing for the cord.
- Thread one end of the cord through one buttonhole, around the top and out of the other button hole.
- Tie end together and finish off with sticky-tape if the cord frays easily.
- Turn the finished bag out the right way and press the seams flat.